Hyundai Tucson: Manual heating and air conditioning
- Start the engine.
- Set the mode to the desired position.
For improving the effectiveness of heating and cooling, select:
- Set the temperature control to the desired position.
- Set the air intake control to the outside (fresh) air position.
- Set the fan speed control to the desired speed.
- If air conditioning is desired, turn the air conditioning system on.
- Press the AUTO button to convert to full automatic control of the system.
Mode selection (12)
The mode selection button controls the direction of the air flow through the ventilation system.
The air flow outlet direction is cycled as follows:
Face-Level (B, C, E)
Air flow is directed toward the upper body and face. Additionally, each outlet can be controlled to direct the air discharged from the outlet.
Bi-Level (B, C, D, E, F)
Air flow is directed towards the face and the floor.
Floor-Level (A, B, D, E, F)
Most of the air flow is directed to the floor, with a small amount of the air being directed to the windshield and side window defrosters.
Floor/Defrost-Level (A, B, D, E, F)
Most of the air flow is directed to the floor and the windshield with a small amount directed to the side window defrosters.
Defrost-Level (A, B)
Most of the air flow is directed to the windshield with a small amount of air directed to the side window defrosters.
Multi air mode (B, C, D, E, F, G)
Gentle breezes come out the outlet vents.
Instrument panel vents
The instrument panel vent air flow can be directed up/down or left/right using the vent adjustment lever. The air flow can also be CLOSED using the vent adjustment lever.
The temperature setting will increase when you toggle up or touch the UP arrow on the touchscreen (if equipped).
The temperature setting will decrease when you toggle down or touch the DOWN arrow on the touchscreen (if equipped).
Adjusting the temperature equally
Press the SYNC button (indicator light ON) to adjust the driver and passenger side and the rear seat's temperature equally.
Adjusting the temperature and individually
Press the SYNC button (indicator light OFF) again to adjust the driver and passenger side and the rear seat's temperature individually.
If the battery has been discharged or disconnected, the temperature mode display will reset to Fahrenheit.
To change the temperature unit from ºC to ºF or ºF to ºC :
- Instrument cluster or infotainment system screen
Go to Setup-> Unit -> Temperature unit
The temperature unit on both the cluster LCD display and the climate control screen will change.
Air intake control
The air intake control button is used to select either Fresh mode (outside air) or Recirculation mode (cabin air).
Recirculated air position
With the recirculated air position selected, air from the passenger compartment will be drawn through the heating system and heated or cooled according to the function selected.
Outside (fresh) air position
With the outside (fresh) air position selected, air enters the vehicle from outside and is heated or cooled according to the function selected.
Using the system in the fresh air position is recommended.
Prolonged operation of the heater in the recirculated air position (without air conditioning selected) can cause fogging of the windshield and side windows and the air within the passenger compartment will become stale.
In addition, prolonged use of the air conditioning with the recirculated air position selected will result in excessively dry air in the passenger compartment.
- Continued climate control system operation in the recirculated air position may allow humidity to increase inside the vehicle which may fog the glass and obscure visibility.
- Do not sleep in a vehicle with the air conditioning or heating system on. It may cause serious harm or death due to a drop in the oxygen level and/or body temperature.
- Continued climate control system operation in the recirculated air position can cause drowsiness or sleepiness, and loss of vehicle control. Set the air intake control to the outside (fresh) air position as much as possible while driving.
Fan speed control
The fan speed can be set as desired by pushing the fan speed control button.
Increased air flow is delivered with higher fan speeds.
Pressing the OFF button turns off the fan.
Operating the fan when the ignition switch is in the ON position could cause the battery to discharge. Operate the fan when the engine is running.
Push the A/C button to turn the air conditioning system on (indicator light will illuminate).
Push the button again to turn the air conditioning system off.
Push the OFF button to turn the climate control system off. However, you can still operate the mode and air intake buttons as long as the ignition switch is in the ON position.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual