Hyundai Tucson: Lane Keeping Assist Malfunction and Limitations
Lane Keeping Assist malfunction
When Lane Keeping Assist is not working properly, the 'Check Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) system' warning message will appear and the yellow indicator light will illuminate on the cluster. If this occurs, have the vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Limitations of Lane Keeping Assist
Lane Keeping Assist may not operate normally or may operate unexpectedly under the following circumstances:
- The lane is contaminated or difficult to distinguish because,
- The lane markings (or road edge) is covered with rain, snow, dirt, oil, etc.
- The color of the lane marking (or road edge) is not distinguishable from the road
- There are markings (or road edges) on the road near the lane or the markings (or road edges) on the road looks similar to the lane markings (or road edge)
- The lane marking (or road edge) is indistinct or damaged
- The shadow is on the lane marking (or road edge) by a median strip, trees, guardrail, noise barriers, etc.
- There are more than two lane markings (or road edges) on the road
- The lane number increases or decreases, or the lane markings (or road edges) are crossing
- The lane markings (or road edges) are complicated or a structure substitutes for the lines, such as a construction area
- There are road markings, such as zigzag lanes, crosswalk markings and road signs
- The lane suddenly disappears, such as at the intersection
- The lane (or road width) is very wide or narrow
- There is a road edge without a lane
- There is a boundary structure in the roadway, such as a tollgate, sidewalk, curb, etc.
- The distance to the front vehicle is extremely short or the vehicle in front is covering the lane marking (or road edge)
For more details on the limitations of the front view camera, refer to "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)" section in chapter 7.
Take the following precautions when using Lane Keeping Assist:
- The driver should hold the responsibility to safely drive and control the vehicle. Do not solely rely on Lane Keeping Assist and drive dangerously.
- The operation of Lane Keeping Assist can be cancelled or not work properly depending on road conditions and surroundings. Always be cautious while driving.
- Refer to "Limitations of Lane Keeping Assist" if the lane is not detected properly.
- When you are towing a trailer or another vehicle, we recommend that Lane Keeping Assist is turned off due to safety reasons.
- If the vehicle is driven at high speed, the steering wheel will not be controlled. The driver must always follow the speed limit when using Lane Keeping Assist.
- If any other system's warning message is displayed or audible warning is generated, Lane Keeping Assist warning message may not be displayed and audible warning may not be generated.
- You may not hear the warning sound of Lane Keeping Assist if the surrounding is noisy.
- If you attach objects to the steering wheel, steering may not be assisted properly.
- Lane Keeping Assist may not operate for 15 seconds after the vehicle is started, or the front view camera is initialized.
- Lane Keeping Assist will not operate when:
- The turn signal or hazard warning flasher is turned on
- The vehicle is not driven in the center of the lane when Lane Keeping Assist is turned on or right after changing a lane
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control) or VSM (Vehicle Stability Management) is activated
- The vehicle is driven on a sharp curve
- Below 35 mph (55 km/h) or above 130 mph (210 km/h)
- The vehicle makes sharp lane changes
- The vehicle brakes suddenly
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual