Hyundai Tucson: Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IATS)
Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IATS) is included inside Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor and detects the intake air temperature.
To calculate precise air quantity, correction of the air temperature is needed because air density varies according to the temperature. So the ECM uses not only MAPS signal but also IATS signal. This sensor has a Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) and its resistance is in inverse proportion to the temperature.
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect IATS connector.
- Measure resistance between IATS terminals 1 and 2.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
Specification : Refer to "Specification"
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
- Disconnect the manifold absolute pressure sensor connector (A).
- Remove the manifold absolute pressure sensor (B) after loosening the bolt.
Tightening Torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- Install the component with the specified torques.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. In this case, use it after inspecting.
- Insert the sensor in the installation hole and be careful not to damage when installation.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual