Hyundai Tucson: Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS)
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) detects the crankshaft position and is one of the most important sensors of the engine control system. If there is no CKPS signal input, fuel is not supplied.That is, vehicle can't run without CKPS signal. This sensor is installed on the cylinder block or the transaxle housing and generates alternating current by magnetic flux field which is made by the sensor and the target wheel when engine runs.
The target wheel consists of 58 slots and 2 missing slots on 360 degrees CA (Crank Angle).
- Check signal waveform of CKPS and CMPS using a diagnostic tool.
Specification : Refer to "DTC Diagnosis Guide"
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
- Remove the engine room under cover.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Engine Room Under Cover")
- Disconnect the crankshaft position sensor connector (A).
- Remove the installation bolt (B), and then remove the crankshaft position sensor.
Tightening Torque : 7.8 - 9.8 N.m (0.8 - 1.0 kgf.m, 5.8 - 7.2 lb-ft)
- Install the component with the specified torques.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. If the component has been dropped, inspect before installing.
Apply the engine coolant to the O-ring.
Insert the sensor in the installation hole and be careful not to damage.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual