Hyundai Tucson: High Pressure Fuel Line- Removal
In case of removing the high pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pipe, delivery pipe, and injector, there may be injury caused by leakage of the high pressure fuel. So don't do any repair work right after engine stops.
- Release residual pressure in fuel line.
(Refer to Fuel Delivery System - "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line")
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery (-) terminal.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Air Cleaner")
- Remove the engine cover.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Engine Cover")
- Remove the intake manifold.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Intake Manifold")
- Separate the breather hose (A).
- Remove the high pressure fuel pump foam (A).
- Loosen the high pressure fuel pipe flange nut (A).
Tightening Torque : 29.4 - 35.3 N.m (3.0 - 3.6 kgf.m, 21.7 - 26.0 lb-ft)
- Loosen the function block mounting bolt (A).
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0-1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb.ft)
- Remove the injector foam (A).
- Disconnect the engine coolant temperature sensor (ECTS) #1 connector (A).
- Disconnect the engine coolant temperature sensor (ECTS) #2 connector (A).
- Remove the delivery pipe & injector (A) assembly after loosening the bolts (B).
Tightening torque : 18.6 - 23.5 N.m (1.9 - 2.4 kgf.m, 13.7 - 17.4 lb-ft)
- Disconnect the injector & rail pressure sensor connector (A).
- Release the fixing clip and then remove the injector (B) from delivery pipe.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not reuse the high pressure fuel pipe.
- Do not deforming the high pressure fuel pipe.
- When tightening the nut, do not tilt the torque wrench.
- Install the component with the specified torques.
- Install the high pressure fuel pipe and then check the oil leakage.
- Do not reuse the mounting bolt.
- Do not reuse the injector fixing clip.
- Do not reuse the combustion seal (A).
- Be careful not to apply oil to combustion seal.
- Do not reuse the O-ring (A), support disk (B), rubber washer (C).
- When replacing the rubber washer, the steal plate part should be faced the cylinder installation part and the rubber plate part should be faced the injector body part.
- Apply the engine oil to the injector O-ring.
- When inserting the injector, be careful not to damage the injector tip.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual