Hyundai Tucson: Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) (Sensor fusion)
Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist is designed to help detect and monitor the vehicle ahead or help detect a pedestrian or cyclist in the roadway and warn the driver that a collision is imminent with a warning message and an audible warning, and if necessary, apply emergency braking.
Junction Turning function (if equipped)
Junction Turning function will help avoid a collision with an oncoming vehicle in an adjacent lane when turning left (lefthand drive) or right (right-hand drive) at a crossroad with the turn signal on by applying emergency braking.
 : Front view camera,
 : Front radar
Refer to the picture above for the detailed location of the detecting sensors.
Take the following precautions to maintain optimal performance of the detecting sensor:
- Never disassemble the detecting sensor or sensor assembly, or apply any impact on it.
- If the detecting sensors have been replaced or repaired, have the vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
- Never install any accessories or stickers on the front windshield, or tint the front windshield.
- Pay extreme caution to keep the front view camera dry.
- Never place any reflective objects (i.e. white paper, mirror) over the dashboard.
- Do not apply license plate frame or objects, such as a bumper sticker, film or a bumper guard, near the front radar cover.
- Always keep the front radar and
cover clean and free of dirt and
Use only a soft cloth to wash the vehicle. Do not spray pressurized water directly on the sensor or sensor cover.
- If unnecessary force has been applied to the radar or around the radar, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist may not properly operate even though a warning message does not appear on the cluster. Have the vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
- Use only genuine parts to repair or
replace a damaged front radar cover.
Do not apply paint to the front radar cover.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist Settings
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist Operation
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist Malfunction and Limitations
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual