Hyundai Tucson: Engine Cover
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the battery (-) terminal.
- Remove the engine cover.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Engine Cover")
- Disconnect the ignition coil connectors (A).
When removing the ignition coil connector, pull the lock pin (A) and push the clip.
- Remove the ignition coils (A).
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 Ib-ft)
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Cleaning work is required to prevent the problem of contamination of the spark plug insulator by foreign substances attached to the bottom of the ignition coil boot.
- Prepare the soft cloth.
- Wipe the contaminants inside and outside the bottom of the ignition coil boot with the soft cloth as shown in the following figure.
The cloth should be clean, free of contaminants, and soft enough to not damage the parts.
A spark plug is a device for delivering electric current from an ignition system to the combustion chamber of a spark-ignition engine to ignite the compressed fuel/air mixture therein by means of an electric spark, while containing combustion pressure within the engine. A spark plug has a metal threaded shell, electrically isolated from a central electrode by a porcelain insulator.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual