Hyundai Tucson: Crankcase Emission Control System
- Crankcase pressure regulating valve (PRV)
- Breather hose
- Air flow
- Intake manifold
- Cylinder block
- Blow-by gas flow
- Blow-by gas inflow to the cylinder head cover throungh the cylinder block & head & chain cover
- -1 In the partial load area, blow-by gas inflow to the intake manifold through the PRV valve which in the head cover.
- -2 In the full load area, blow-by gas inflow to the intake hose through the PRV valve which in the head cover.
- Mix of intake hose and blow-by gas. Blow-by gas is circulated by the (3)-1, (3)-2 procedure.
- Combustion the air-flow mixture.
Pressure Regulating Valve (PRV) is installed to prevent the over pressure of combustion gas through the piston ring and onto the crankcase.
Diaphragm component part
- Remove the cylinder head cover.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Cylinder Head Cover")
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Description and Operation
Emissions Control System consists of three major systems.
- Crankcase Emission Control System prevents blow-by gas from releasing into the atmosphere. This system recycles gas back into the intake manifold (Closed Crankcase Ventilation Type).
- Evaporative Emission Control System prevents evaporative gas from
releasing into the atmosphere.
This system burns gas at appropriate engine operating condition after gathering it in the canister.
- Exhaust Emission Control System converts the three pollutants hydrocarbons (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) into harmless substances by using the 3-way catalytic converter.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual