Hyundai Tucson: Air Cleaner Element Replacement
- Open the air cleaner element cover (A) by lifting up the air cleaner element cover handle.
- Unlock the air cleaner element camshaft (A) by turning in the direction of arrow.
- Replace the air cleaner element (A) with a new one.
Grab the handle then pull out the air cleaner element.
- Lock the air cleaner element camshaft and then close the air cleaner element cover.
- Electronic throttle body (ETC)
- Return hose
- Return pipe
- Intake manifold
- Intake manifold gasket
Removal and Installation
- Disconnect the battery negative terminal.
- Disconnect the intercooler outlet hose (A).
1) When disconnecting the intercooler hose, pull the quick connector clamp (A) in the direction of the arrow as below.
2) Move the quick connector clamp from B to C position as below and then disconnect by pulling the quick connector hose.
- Remove the purge control solenoid valve (PCSV) hose (A).
- Remove the water return hose & pipe bracket bolts (A).
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N.m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb-ft)
- Remove the engine wire harness connectors and wire harness clamps from cylinder head and the intake manifold.
- Remove the Intake Manifold (A).
Tightening torque : 18.6 - 23.5 N.m (1.9 - 2.4 kgf.m, 13.7 - 17.4 lb-ft)
When installing, replace with new gaskets.
When installing the intake manifold, tighten sequence shown.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual