Hyundai Tucson: Windows
- Driver's door power window switch
- Front passenger's door power window switch
- Rear door (left) power window switch
- Rear door (right) power window switch
- Window opening and closing
- Automatic power window*
- Power window lock switch
* : if equipped
The ignition switch must be in the ON position to be able to raise or lower the windows. Each door has a Power Window switch to control that door's window. The driver has a Power Window Lock switch which can block the operation of passenger windows. The power windows will operate for about 3 minutes after the ignition is turned OFF or if the ignition is placed in the ACC position, as long as the front doors remain closed.
If the front doors are opened, battery power is turned OFF and the Power Windows will not operate.
Window opening and closing
To open: Press the window switch down to the first detent position (5). Release the switch when you want the window to stop.
To close: Pull the window switch up to the first detent position (5). Release the window switch when you want the window to stop.
Auto down window
Pressing the power window switch momentarily to the second detent position (6) completely lowers the window even when the switch is released.
To stop the window at the desired position while the window is in operation, pull up or press down and release the switch.
Auto up/down window (if equipped)
Pressing or pulling up the power window switch momentarily to the second detent position (6) completely lowers or lifts the window even when the switch is released. To stop the window at the desired position while the window is in operation, pull up or press down and release the switch.
Resetting the power windows
If the power windows do not operate normally, the automatic power window system must be reset as follows:
- Press the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Close the window and continue pulling up on the power window switch for at least one second.
If the power windows do not operate properly after resetting, we recommend that the system be inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
If a window senses any obstacle while it is closing automatically, it will stop and lower approximately 12 in. (30 cm) to allow the object to be cleared.
If the window detects the resistance while the power window switch is pulled up continuously, the window will stop upward movement then lower approximately 1 in. (2.5 cm).
If the power window switch is pulled up continuously again within 5 seconds after the window is lowered by the automatic window reverse feature, the automatic window reverse will not operate.
The automatic reverse feature is only active when the "Auto Up" feature is used by fully pulling up the switch to the second detent.
Do not install any accessories on the windows. The automatic reverse feature may not operate.
Make sure body parts or other objects are safely out of the way before closing the windows to avoid injuries or vehicle damage.
Objects less than 0.16 in (4 mm) in diameter caught between the window glass and the upper window channel may not be detected by the automatic reverse window and the window will not stop and reverse direction.
Power window lock button
The driver can disable the power window switches on the rear passenger doors by pressing the power window lock button.
When the power window lock button is pressed:
- The driver's master control can operate all the power windows.
- The front passenger's control can operate the front passenger's power window.
- The rear passenger's control cannot operate the rear passengers' power window.
Do not allow children to play with the power windows. Keep the driver's door power window lock button in the LOCK position. Serious injury or death can result from unintentional window operation by a child.
- To prevent possible damage to the power window system, do not open or close two windows or more at the same time. This will also ensure the longevity of the fuse.
- Never try to operate the main
switch on the driver's door and the
individual door window switch in
opposite directions at the same time.
If this is done, the window will stop and cannot be opened or closed.
Remote window opening function (if equipped)
You can still control the window movement with the engine turned off.
Press the Door Unlock button (1) for more than 3 seconds. The window moves down after the doors are unlocked, as long as you press the door unlock button.
The window movement stops, when you release the door unlock button.
If you stay on the function after operating the Remote window opening function, it is likely to cause a theft.
In addition, please use caution there might be a malfunction due to the inflow of water while raining.
- The remote window opening function may abruptly stop, when you move away from your vehicle during operation. Stay in close proximity from your vehicle, while monitoring the window movement.
- One of the windows may stop
operating, when the window is
interrupted by certain force. However,
the other windows will keep operating.
Thus, you should make sure that all windows are opened.
- Please be aware that the doors unlock when the windows are opened using the remote window opening function.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual