Hyundai Tucson: Interior care
Interior general precautions
Prevent caustic solutions such as perfume and cosmetic oil, from contacting the interior parts because they may cause damage or discoloration.
If they do contact the interior parts, wipe them off immediately. See the instructions for the proper way to clean vinyl.
- Never allow water or other liquids to come in contact with electrical/ electronic components inside the vehicle as this may damage them.
- When cleaning leather products (steering wheel, seats etc.), use neutral detergents or low alcohol content solutions. If you use high alcohol content solutions or acid/ alkaline detergents, the color of the leather may fade or the surface may get stripped off.
Cleaning the upholstery and interior trim
Vinyl (if equipped)
Remove dust and loose dirt from vinyl with a whisk broom or vacuum cleaner.
Clean vinyl surfaces with a vinyl cleaner.
Fabric (if equipped)
Remove dust and loose dirt from fabric with a whisk broom or vacuum cleaner. Clean with a mild soap solution recommended for upholstery or carpets.
Remove fresh spots immediately with a fabric spot cleaner. If fresh spots do not receive immediate attention, the fabric can be stained and its color can be affected. Also, its fire-resistant properties can be reduced if the material is not properly maintained.
Using anything but recommended cleaners and procedures may affect the fabric's appearance and fire-resistant properties.
Leather (if equipped)
Features of seat leather
- Leather is made from the outer skin
of an animal, which goes through a
special process to be available for
use. Since it is a natural product,
each part differs in thickness or
Wrinkles may appear as a natural result of stretching and shrinking depending on the temperature and humidity.
- The seat is made of stretchable fabric to improve comfort.
- The parts contacting the body are curved and the side supporting area is high which provides driving comfort and stability.
- Wrinkles may appear naturally from usage. It is not a fault of the products.
- Wrinkles or abrasions which appear naturally from usage are not covered by warranty.
- Belts with metallic accessories, zippers or keys inside the back pocket may damage the seat fabric.
- Make sure not to wet the seat. It may change the nature of natural leather.
- Jeans or clothes which could bleach may contaminate the surface of the seat covering fabric.
Caring for the leather seats
- Vacuum the seat periodically to remove dust and sand on the seat. It will prevent abrasion or damage of the leather and maintain its quality.
- Wipe the natural leather seat cover often with dry or soft cloth.
- Use of proper leather protector may prevent abrasion of the cover and helps maintain the color. Be sure to read the instructions and consult a specialist when using leather coating or protective agent.
- Light colored (beige, cream beige) leather is easily contaminated and the stain is noticeable. Clean the seats frequently.
- Avoid wiping with wet cloth. It may cause the surface to crack.
Cleaning the leather seats
- Remove all contaminations instantly. Refer to instructions below for removal of each contaminant.
- Cosmetic products (sunscreen,
Apply cleansing cream on a cloth
and wipe the contaminated spot.
Wipe off the cream with a wet cloth and remove water with a dry cloth.
- Beverages (coffee, soft drink, etc.) Apply a small amount of neutral detergent and wipe until contaminations do not smear.
Remove oil instantly with absorbable cloth and wipe with stain remover used only for natural leather.
- Chewing gum
Harden the gum with ice and remove gradually.
Handling prime napa leather (if equipped)
Try to avoid excessive sunlight and heat exposure. Excessive sunlight and heat exposure naturally fades and dries out napa leather, causing wrinkles and discoloration. If the napa leather is wet with liquid, immediately clean it with lint-free cloth to minimize damage. Do not scratch the napa leather surface with a sharp object.
If your napa leather seat is bright colored, it may be contaminated or stained from dyed materials such as jeans.
Interior wooden trim
- Use a wooden furniture protector (e.g.wax, coating compound) to clean the interior wooden trim.
- Often wipe the interior wooden trim with a lint-free, clean cloth to maintain the unique wooden textures for a longer period of time.
- If you spill beverage (e.g. water, coffee) over the interior wooden trim, immediately wipe it with clean, dry cloth.
- Sharp objects (e.g. driver, knife), adhesive materials, or tapes may damage the interior wooden trim.
- Any strong impacts may damage the interior wooden trim.
- If the coating finish over the interior wooden trim is removed, moisture may damage or change wood traits.
- If the interior wooden trim is damaged, you may get a splinter from the wood surface. Therefore, you should immediately have the damaged interior wooden trim replaced by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Cleaning the seat belt webbing
Clean the belt webbing with any mild soap solution recommended for cleaning upholstery or carpet. Follow the instructions provided with the soap.
Do not bleach or re-dye the webbing because this may weaken the seat belt.
Cleaning the interior window glass
If the interior glass surfaces of the vehicle become fogged (that is, covered with an oily, greasy or waxy film), they should be cleaned with glass cleaner.
Follow the directions on the glass cleaner container.
Do not scrape or scratch the inside of the rear window. This may result in damage to the rear window defroster grid.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual