Hyundai Tucson: General Information
Special Service Tools
Tool (Number and Name)/ Illustration/ Use
09568-1S100 Ball joint remover/ / Removal of the tie rod end ball joint.
09568-4R100 Lower arm ball joint remover/ / Removal of the lower arm ball joint.
Service Adjustment Procedure
Steering Wheel Play Inspection
- Turn the steering wheel so that the front wheels can face straight ahead.
- Mark the center of the steering wheel.
- Measure the distance that the steering o wheel can be turned with out movingo the front wheels.
Standard value : 0 - 30mm (1.1811 in.) or less
- If the play exceeds standard value, inspect the steering column, shaft, and linkages.
Checking Stationary Steering Effort
- Position the vehicle oil a level surface and place the steering wheel in the straight ahead position.
- Attach a spring scale to the steering wheel. With the idle RPM, pull the scale and read it as soon as the tires begin to turn.
Standard value : 3.0kgf
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual