Hyundai Tucson: Paddle shifter (Manual shift mode)
The paddle shifter is available when the shift lever/button is in the D (Drive) position or the manual shift mode.
With the shift lever/button in the D position
The paddle shifter will operate when the vehicle speed is more than 6mph.
Pull the [+] or [-] paddle shifter once to shift up or down one gear and the system changes from automatic mode to manual shift mode.
To change back to automatic shift mode from manual shift mode, do one of the followings :
- Pull the [+] paddle shifter for more than one second
- Move the shift lever from D (Drive)
to manual gate and return it to D
position again in the shift lever type.
In the shift button type, press the D button.
The manual shift mode also changes back to automatic shift mode in one of following situations
- When the accelerator pedal is gently depressed for more than 6 seconds while driving
- When the vehicle stops
If the [+] and [-] paddle shifters are pulled at the same time, gear shift may not occur.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual