Hyundai Tucson: Lane Following Assist (LFA)
Lane Following Assist is designed to help detect lane markings and/or vehicles on the road, and assists the driver's steering to help center the vehicle in the lane.
 : Front view camera
The front view camera is used as a detecting sensor to help detect lane markings and vehicles in front.
Refer to the picture above for the detailed location of the detecting sensor.
For more details on the precautions of the front view camera, refer to "Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)" section in chapter 7.
Lane Following Assist Settings
Turning Lane Following Assist ON/OFF
With the engine on, shortly press the Lane Driving Assist button located on the steering wheel to turn on Lane Following Assist. The grey or green indicator light will illuminate on the cluster.
Press the button again to turn off the function.
If the engine is restarted, Lane Following Assist will maintain the last setting.
With the engine on, select 'Driver Assistance → Warning Volume' from the Settings menu to change the Warning Volume to 'High', 'Medium' or 'Low' for Hands-off warning.
If you change the Warning Volume, the Warning Volume of other Driver Assistance systems may change.
Lane Following Assist Operation
Warning and control
Lane Following Assist
If the vehicle ahead and/or both lane markings are detected and your vehicle speed is below 110 mph (180 km/h), the green indicator light will illuminate on the cluster, and Lane Following Assist will help center the vehicle in the lane by assisting the steering wheel.
When the steering wheel is not assisted, the white indicator light will blink and change to grey.
If the driver takes their hands off the steering wheel for several seconds, the 'Place hands on the steering wheel' warning message will appear and an audible warning will sound in stages.
First stage : Warning message
Second stage : Warning message (red steering wheel) and audible warning
If the driver still does not have their hands on the steering wheel after the hands-off warning, the 'Lane Following Assist (LFA) canceled' warning message will appear and Lane Following Assist will be automatically canceled.
- The steering wheel may not be assisted if the steering wheel is held very tight or the steering wheel is steered over a certain degree.
- Lane Following Assist does not operate at all times. It is the responsibility of the driver to safely steer the vehicle and to maintain the vehicle in its lane.
- The hands-off warning message may appear late depending on road conditions. Always have your hands on the steering wheel while driving.
- If the steering wheel is held very lightly the hands-off warning message may appear because Lane Following Assist may not recognize that the driver has their hands on the steering wheel.
- If you attach objects to the steering wheel, the hands-off warning may not work properly.
- You may change settings from the instrument cluster (User Settings) or infotainment system (Vehicle Settings), whichever option that is provided with your vehicle. For more details, see "User Settings" section in chapter 4, or "Vehicle Settings" section in supplied Infotainment Manual.
- When both lane markings are detected, the lane lines on the cluster will change from grey to white.
- If lane markings are not detected, steering wheel control by Lane Following Assist can be limited depending on whether a vehicle is in front or the driving conditions of the vehicle.
- Even though the steering is assisted by Lane Following Assist, the driver may control the steering wheel.
- The steering wheel may feel heavier or lighter when the steering wheel is assisted by Lane Following Assist than when it is not.
Lane Following Assist Malfunction and Limitations
Lane Following Assist malfunction
When Lane Following Assist is not working properly, the 'Check Lane Following Assist (LFA) system' warning message will appear on the cluster. If this occurs, have the vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Limitations of Lane Following Assist
For more details on Lane Following Assist limitations, refer to "Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)" section in chapter 7.
For more details on Lane Following Assist precautions, refer to "Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)" section in chapter 7.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual