Hyundai Tucson: Interior lights
Do not use the interior lights when driving in the dark. The interior lights may obscure your view and cause an accident.
Do not use the interior lights for extended periods when the vehicle is turned off or the battery will discharge.
Interior Lamp AUTO OFF
The interior lamps will automatically go off approximately 10 minutes after the vehicle is turned off and the doors are closed. If a door is opened, the lamp will go off 40 minutes after the vehicle is turned off. If the doors are locked by the smart key and the vehicle enters the armed stage of the theft alarm system, the lamps will go off five seconds later.
- Front map lamp ( ):
Touch either icons to turn the map lamp on or off. This light produces a spot beam for convenient use as a map lamp at night or as a personal lamp for the driver and the front passenger.
- Door lamp ( ):
The front or rear room lamps come on when the front or rear doors are opened.
When doors are unlocked by the smart key, the front and rear lamps come on for approximately 30 seconds as long as any door is not opened. The front and rear room lamps go out gradually after approximately 30 seconds when the door is closed. However, if the Engine Start/Stop button is in the ON position or all doors are locked, the front and rear lamps will turn off. If a door is opened with the ignition switch in the ACC position or the OFF position, the front and rear lamps will stay on for about 20 minutes.
- Room lamp ()
Press the button to turn ON the room lamp for the front/rear seats.
Rear room lamp switch :
Press this button to turn the room lamp on and off.
Vanity mirror lamp
Push the switch to turn the light on or off.
- : The lamp will turn on if this button is pressed.
- : The lamp will turn off if this button is pressed.
Glove box lamp
The glove box lamp turns on when the glove box is opened.
Luggage compartment lamp
The luggage compartment lamp is on when the liftgate is opened.
The luggage compartment lamp is off when the liftgate is closed.
Welcome system helps keep the driver visible by turning on vehicle lights when the driver approaches the vehicle.
Puddle Lamp or Door Handle Lamp (if equipped)
When all the doors (and liftgate) are closed and locked, the puddle lamp and door handle lamp will turn on for approximately 15 seconds if any of the below is performed.
- If 'Convenience → Welcome mirror/ light → On door unlock' is selected in the User Settings mode on the LCD display,
- the lamps will turn on when the door lock button is pressed on the smart key.
- the lamps will turn on when the button of the outside door handle is pressed with the smart key in possession.
- If both 'Convenience → Welcome mirror/light → On door unlock' and 'Convenience → Welcome mirror/light → On driver approach' is selected in the User Settings mode on the LCD display, the lamps will turn on when the vehicle is approached with the smart key in possession.
You can activate or deactivate Welcome Light function from the User Settings mode on the LCD display.
Headlamp and position lamp
When the headlamp (lamp switch in the headlamp or AUTO position) is on and all doors (and liftgate) are locked and closed, the position lamp and headlamp will come on for 15 seconds when the door unlock button is pressed on the remote key or smart key.
At this time, if you press the door lock or unlock button, the position lamp and headlamp will turn off immediately.
When the interior lamp switch is in the position and all doors (and liftgate) are closed and locked, the room lamp will come on for 30 seconds if any of the below is performed.
- When the door unlock button is pressed on the remote key or smart key.
- When you put your hand in the outside door handle while carrying the smart key.
At this time, if you press the door lock or unlock button on the smart key the lamps will turn off immediately.
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Owner's Manual
- Hyundai Tucson - Fourth generation (NX4) - (2020-2023) - Workshop Manual